Art Deco Walk Date: Saturday 11 March 2023 Time: 9:30am to 11:30am Cost: R250 per person paying pre 11 January...
I curate tours that provide an in-depth experience led by experts and enthusiasts; think artists, curators, designers, collectors and historians. These events often culminate with an optional meal.
The tours have a loyal, local following but are open to all, so book quickly by emailing or WhatsApping me. I will let you know if there is still space and send payment options. Just before each tour I send a briefing with map, parking, guest list and background info.
These tours are an ideal gift voucher.
Cape Town’s Centre
Get the lay of the land – walk through the city visiting local and tourist attractions, including places generally not open to the public. This is a great way to get to know Cape Town, while getting a good feel of South African history and life.
Salt River Street Art Time: 9:30am to 11:30am Date: Saturday 11 February 2023 Cost: R260 per person paying pre 1 February...
Iziko South African National Gallery curator’s tour by Andrew Lamprecht Date: tbc early Jan Time: 10h00 to noon Cost: R350...
Castle of Good Hope Date: Saturday 21 January 2023 Time: 10h00 to 12h00 Cost: R350 each,, plus Castle entry fee...
Salt River Street Art Thursday 23 February 2023 Location: Hope Distillery & Tasting Room, 7 Hopkins St, Salt River, Cape...
- EFT is best i.e. electronic funds transfer via your bank, for those of us with a South African bank account.
- You can pay by credit card for a R10 extra fee, and in any currency. I will send you the link.
- Cash, if you can’t do pre-payment and for regular clients and those through personal referral.
I send my bank details and credit card link by email.
Contact me asap – email, WhatsApp, SMS/text or phone.
- Cancellations – 24 hours notice and on the day – no refund.
- One to three days notice in advance – 50% charge.
- Three days to a week – 10% charge.
There are three options:
- Refund - send me your banking details (South African bank account holders).
- Credit to use for another tour, usable within a year.
- Donating towards Culture Connect Cares – an outing for disadvantaged kids with little, or no exposure, to art and museums.
Most tours are two hours but each event will specify the length in the description.
No scheduled tours are open to anyone.
For some tours, there are a few free places for full-time, long term unemployed, or full-time students studying in a relevant subject.
Mostly yes. Families, friends, colleagues and education groups have all booked their own tour.
- As part of the briefing, I will send you a list, usually it includes:
- Sensible shoes – good for walking on uneven ground.
- Weather protection – hat, sunscreen, windbreaker, waterproof(again not sure about this)
- Phone, purse/wallet out of view and well tucked away and close to you e.g. in a zipped handbag, pouch or inner jacket pocket.
- No necklaces visible, ditto Rolexes and flashy jewellery.
Please make sure you are insured for theft and accidents – I have basic First Aid but will call emergency services which costs.
You are joining Culture Connect SA’s event at your own risk; you’re agreeing that Culture Connect, and in particular Kate Crane Briggs, her agents, associates, employees, her heirs and executors, shall be under no responsibility and shall not be held liable for any damage or loss incurred or injury or death suffered by any such person and or such person’s spouse or dependent or guest during the event or at or near the place where the event takes place, and whether caused by the act or omission (including negligence) of Culture Connect or Kate Crane Briggs or her agent, associate or employee.
Receive e-mail updates on our tours, events, and more: