Felt made and designed ten minutes drive from Culture Connect. Favourites are the floor baskets for loo rolls, (magazines or towels).
- Baskets (eg for loo rolls), 52cm diameter and 40cm diameter, R1 900 and R980 respectively
- Striped ukhamba, Karakul wool (bowl, like the one I’m holding in the pic), 25x15cm, R644
- Scarf/runner/blanket/shawl, Adire, Merino wool with yarn detail and fringes (yarn Merino wool, kid mohair and silk fibres), indigo or charcoal, R1 680
- Square pillow/cushion, Waterlily, Merino wool front, cotton twill back with metal zip, 50x50cm, R700 (cushion with duck feathers and down,50x 50cm extra, R200)
- Scarf ruffled, Merino wool,170cmx40cm, R575
- Slippers, mule (closed) or peep (open at the end), mute or bright colours, suede or resin soles, male or female, say what size, R450
- Tea-cosies, Merino wool, eg nguni cows, rooster, elephant and strelitzia, R450
- Egg-cosies, Merino wool, R140
More available and you can have your own bespoke felt and objects made. All materials are from South Africa. Prices exclude shipping.
Tours to see the felt making in progress can be easily arranged, and combined with other studio’s and workshops nearby.